I really do not like recruitment companies. While the vast majority of them will not have made it to
my recruiter blacklist, I simply loathe their business model, and only in a few rare situations have
they managed to suggest companies I didn’t already know or could find with a few minutes of Googling with common
terms such as “java developer
As such, I will not do business with recruiters, unless we already have a prior working relationship (i.e. you have my phone number and I actually answer your calls) and your name is not on the blacklist.
Every now and then I also get contacted by recruiters from other countries, most commonly from England, though I’ve also had messages from Spain, Germany, the United States and Canada.
- No, I do not want a job in another country
- No, I do not want a remote job in another timezone
- No, I do not want a remote job in the same timezone in a country of which I don’t speak the primary language
- Yes, I do speak some German. No, not on a professional level, just enough for casual conversations
- No, I do not need you to mediate a job in my own country
- You probably only know jobs in Amsterdam, which is not an option for me
- Yes, I know Takeaway is close to where I live
- No, I don’t need you to introduce me, I know people who work there